Thursday, December 22, 2011

CAKE POPS






I don't know anyone who doesn't like cake or even better, cake pops! I first saw these at Starbucks and as soon as I ate one (more like stuff in my mouth at once) I knew I had to figure out how to make them myself. They seem super easy, right?! ...Not so much. The process of making the cake balls is super easy, but coating them turned out to be a more difficult task than I was willing to take on (at 9pm). My advice? (besides starting earlier rather than later) Use a bowl where you can have the coating deep enough so you can literally dip the cake into it. I tried rolling them and I ended up with bits of cake in the coating and all sorts of other nuisances. However, the ones that did turn out great I'm gifting to others for Christmas. I plan to make them again for a new years party (I thought the purple and silver stars were new years appropriate). I used this recipe (which includes a whole can of frosting in the mix!) and Candiqik vanilla coating for these tasty little treats. I guarantee you won't be able to have just one!

2 comments:

  1. I wouldnt even bother covering them (although the stars are so festive!), red velvet cake pops are good enough!! ;) Yours turned out super good looking, Im sure your loved ones will be uber happy with them.
    Happy holidays!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete