Monday, December 5, 2011

PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE COOKIES


{cookies ready for the oven}


{crushed peppermint candies}


{Finished product!}

For these cookies I used this cake mix cookie recipe as the cookie batter and then used this recipe for the frosting (which turns out to be a lot more like icing). For the icing/frosting I would recommend not melting the butter because it will be more of a liquid consistency. The recipe doesn't add peppermint but I added 1/2 tsp along with the vanilla. As for the candy topping... I couldn't find the food processor (the last person who used it stashed it somewhere where I can't find it!) so I put peppermint candies in a plastic ziploc bag and bashed them with a meat hammer! These cookies are delicious and perfect for putting me in the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment