Wednesday, December 14, 2011

BEAUTY MUST-HAVES



Here are a few of my top picks for beauty products and tools:

Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover: I swear by this stuff for taking off my eye makeup, even the most stubborn waterproof mascara. I just rub a little onto my eyes while I'm in the shower and the makeup just melts away.

Burt's Bees Chap stick: I'm not a huge lipstick or lip gloss fan. Most days I don't wander from my regular beauty routine, and keep it simple with some chap stick (the most amazing kind). I don't know how many tubes of this I've bought... but I have one for every purse, my bedroom, and my backpack, so I'm never without it!

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner: Most days I wear liquid eyeliner, but for the occasion that I do use a pencil, it usually melts away. However, this stays put all day (and all night if you need it to!) It took me a while to find this treasure, but I'll never use a different pencil again.

Bath and Body Works' Lay it on Thick lotion: I work at a coffee stand and during the winter months our hands get dried out due to the bleach water and constant exposure to frigid air. This lotion is my little miracle worker. A little goes a long way, it can be very greasy. If you rub a little into your cuticles it makes them look uh-mazing! Plus, the coconut scent instantly sends me somewhere tropical.

MAC Makeup Remover Wipes: I suppose I should have included MAC's liquid foundation in the mix as well, it works wonders! However, it is quite tricky to get off. These wipes are perfect for taking off stubborn face makeup (especially when you're too tired to wash your face).

Bare Minerals Foundation: This loose powder is probably that one item in my makeup routine I couldn't live without. I use it on it's own during the summer months for a lighter foundation, and during the winter I use it on top of my MAC liquid foundation. I always have a back-up so I'm never without.

Covergirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara: I used to have a problem with my mascara always melting off during the day... but that is no longer an issue. I love this mascara not only because it stays put all day, but it gives my lashes just enough volume and length.

Hot Tools Curling Iron: For what felt like forever I was on the hunt for the perfect curling iron. I have now found my saving grace with Hot Tools. This iron stays hot and if you don't use the clamp, it gives you the perfect beachy wave look, LOVE IT!

Moroccan Oil: Whenever I get a whiff of this stuff I'm mentally swept away to a tropical island somewhere. This product makes your hair so shiny and healthy, but be careful, you could get obsessed. Just apply a little when your hair is damp and by the time it dries you'll be amazed at the difference in your hair's texture.

CHI Flat Iron: I have thick, wavy hair naturally and it can be a pain to straighten (and stay straight). This seems to be the only flat iron that works for my hair, and keeps it straight all day. It's a little pricey, but well worth the investment.

Urban Decay Naked Palette: I couldn't think of a better combination of eye shadows than the ones put together by Urban Decay. The shadows themselves are of great quality, and I love all of the natural hues.

Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer: My face tends to be a little on the oily side and this is the only moisturizer that I've used that doesn't make my face look super shiny. It's a light lotion, and perfect for everyday use. I feel refreshed and ready to go every time I use it, definitely a must-have.

3 comments:

  1. I used those mascara from covergirl too :) very useful and lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't live without curling iron !!

    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post! I need to try that Moroccan Oil asap! Thanks for the inspiration!

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete